2018年1月31日星期三

My favorite subject in school



In school a student has to study many subjects such as English, Mathematics, Science and Geography among others, in order to prepare himself for an examination. Not everyone likes the subjects he or she studies in school. Students have their favorite subjects and they tend to pay special attention to them in class. They are willing to go that extra mile, so to speak, where these subjects are concerned. More often than not they also perform better in these subjects during the exams.

For me my favorite subject is Biology, a branch of Science. This is because it teaches me about the human body, animal life and about plants. I like to learn and understand these subjects more than others. I learn with great interest the different parts of my body and their functions. It is important to know how human beings respire and how food digests in our bodies. We also learn about the bones, muscles and ligaments which make up our very form and aid us in our movement. How we come to experience pain and other sensations through a network of fine channels called nerves which conduct very small electrical currents. We then begin to realize the true complexity of the human body.

The study of animals also fascinates me. I came to know about the various breeds of mammals, birds and reptiles. Both big and small mammals that live side by side in the forest and grasslands. I am curious to know how they survive in the wild. Wild animals like lions and tigers prey on weaker animals like deer and zebra yet they co-exist in such lands. There are relationships between animals that are even beneficial to both parties and are called symbiotic. My desire to know more has compelled me to watch documentary films on animal life.

Science also teaches us about the plant, life. It allows me to differentiate between species of plants. It explains how they produce their own food and react to external stimuli. Our class experiments have shown us the extraordinary ways plants adapt themselves to survive under different conditions. The practical nature of the experiments allows us to see first hand the science of Biology in action. I consider Biology as one of the most useful subjects for a student as it teaches him or her about the basic facts of nature. However this is not to say that one should neglect other subjects.
   
so to speak as if it were really so
   
symbiotic Describes a close relationship between two species in which at least one benefits

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论