2018年6月19日星期二

A fishing trip


There are few hobbies, which are so absorbing as fishing. People say that old men only seek fishing when they feel lonely. I don't agree. After all I am not old, still I have so much liking for fishing.

My school work stands in my way, so I could find time for going fishing only on week-ends. During holidays, of course, weather permitting nothing pleases me more than fishing. I have a special bowler hat, a small fishing basket and my favorite fishing rod. I purchase the necessary worms from the market and put them in the basket. Usually I start after breakfast. I leave word at home that I will return only in the evening. Taking my coffee flask, and a few slices of bread, I walk off. My favorite fishing ground lies some two kilometers away from my house.

Once I reach the place, I sit comfortably on the bank of the stream with reeds all around me. Fixing the worm to the hook, I throw the line into the water. It requires a lot of concentration to have an eye on the plumb. Sometimes I succeed in landing one or two good fish. Sometimes I wait for a long day, before I could catch even a small fish. But that does not detract me from going fishing.

Sometimes I while away the slow moving time by singing some popular hits. I feel that I am the monarch of all I survey. There is nothing to win and there is not much to lose. There is nobody to converse and only nature keeps company. So one feels as though one is a Yogi. I enjoy the ripples in the water. I enjoy the shoals of fish. I take pleasure in seeing the king fisher. Now and then I may be rewarded with the music of a bird. In short, for those who can temperamentally enjoy loneliness, there is nothing like fishing.

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论