2018年6月19日星期二

How I spend my holiday


Holidays are always welcome. Who can deny that? After a term of school-work, one eagerly looks forward to the holidays and yearns for them. But when the holidays come, many find it boring. After the first flush is over, many find it hard to spend time. It is all because they don't plan for a holiday.

It may be quite useful to plan for a holiday. But how one is going to spend them depends on one's facilities. As for me I cannot afford to spend money on long trips visiting places and seeing things. Still I plan always for the holidays. The following is one such plan.

I will attend to some arrears of school work like copying of notes, getting the records up to-date and so on. Exercises which were not done in the class will be completed. I will go to the library regularly, both in the morning and evening and do some useful supplementary reading. After all one cannot always be reading. For a change I attend to some garden work. I am keen on gardening. It may be preparing the soil for a new plant or weeding out grass; it may be pruning the fence. The plants require regular watering, that I shall do myself. Now I have made up my mind to learn chess. I have already bought chessmen and a board for that. I will try to answer the problems on chess given in the newspapers. It is not always work for me. When I feel I must have a change, I mingle with my friends and enjoy some time in fun and frolic.

This time I want to learn some trade. I have made up my mind to learn watch repairing. So, I shall go and sit in the watch maker's shop. My father has promised to introduce me to one. I think it will take a good part of my time and it will fit me up to be a watch maker and repairer. Not that I want to take it as a profession but it is worth knowing such a trade.

I have drawn up a very big plan but it remains to be seen how far I can fulfil it.

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论