2018年12月22日星期六

Describe the person you admire greatly.

Describe the person you admire greatly.
 
My father died when I was about two years old. I was used to having only my mother around. I often envied my friends for having a father.

One night when I was about four years old, my mother came into my bedroom. She was especially tender to me that night. After telling me a story, she tousled my hair and said, "Man, if you are a good boy, I may bring home a new father for you."

My stepfather came a week later. he was a tall man with slightly stooping shoulders. He had bright, twinkling eyes.

"So this is my son," he said, as he gathered me into his arms, tossed me into the air and caught hold of me as I fell. then he put me on my feet and shook my hand gravely. We looked at each other intently. He seemed to approve of me. I found myself liking him from then on. I just knew that we were going to be great friends.

My stepfather was a very patient man. He listened to my childish prattle. He would hold his chin in his hand and nod gravely as I talked unceasingly to him.

As I grew up, I admired him even more. He always listened to my viewpoints and respected my opinions, whenever it differed from his. He was diplomatic in my upbringing and had never used harsh words or the cane on me. His reasoning often brought me round. This deep respect for him made me want to please him and make him happy.

One evening when I was sixteen years old, my stepfather had a severe heart attack. He recovered, but was not his healthy self anymore. During his recovery, he called me and said. "Man, I know that one more attack will kill me. I have put away some money for your education. I want you to study hard and get a good job. Then you must look after your mother. she is getting old and has suffered a lot."

I was choked with emotion and filled with admiration for this selfless man. Even in his suffering he thought only of my mother and me, and I was not even his own flesh and blood ! It was through his behavior that I learnt the true meaning of unselfishness, generosity and love.

My stepfather is still alive today. I shall always admire and cherish him for as long as I live.
   
prattle to talk in a silly way or like a child for a long time about things that are not important or without saying anything important
   
bring someone around to persuade someone to have the same opinion as you have

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论