2018年12月13日星期四

Describe a real or imaginary neighbor.

My Neighbor
Describe a real or imaginary neighbor.
 
My husband retired early this year. He wants to write books now that he's not working as a lawyer. Last month we moved to this nice and quiet neighborhood. I love gardening and I have planted a lot of roses and other flowers since we moved here.

Yesterday I met our next door neighbor for the first time. He is a strange man. He looks and acts strangely. I felt uncomfortable in his presence. In fact he frightened me. I hope he will not try to talk to me again.

First of all he looks like some kind of insect. He has a huge head and small body. His neck does not support his head well, so his head is constantly wobbling. I am sure he does not enjoy good health.

Moreover, his color is too pale, as if he does not get enough sun. But what frightens me most about him is his eyes. They are pale grey and they peer from his round spectacles in a nervous manner, as if he is about to do some crazy things.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when he called my name. His voice was high-pitched and loud. He was holding a box and had earphones over his head. I had been cutting roses and he asked me to cut another one. He was behaving nervously. After I had cut another rose he acted as if I had cut his throat. Then he said something that really alarmed me. He said I was murdering the roses and each rose I killed screamed in the most dreadful way. Then he babbled on about plants being alive and having feelings. I excused myself and ran quickly into the house.

When I complained to my husband about the neighbor, he said, 'Don't mind him. He's just a mad genius! Maybe I could write a book about him.' My husband wants to talk to our neighbor, maybe invite him over or even visit him. But I certainly do not wish to have anything to do with him.

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论