2018年12月13日星期四

The Advantages and Disadvantages of the Internet


A Talk on the Advantages and Disadvantages of the Internet
Give a speech to your Computer Club on the advantages of the Internet

Good afternoon, fellow members of the Computer Club. I am very happy to be here today to give a talk on the advantages of the Internet. The Internet is today linked to over 100 million computers around the world.

I think by far the biggest advantage of the Internet is it helps me to find information on almost any topic I want to know about. It has helped me cut down my `research' time tremendously. Now all I have to do is access my favorite web sites and type in the relevant topics and I get more information that I can deal with!

Another advantage is the Internet enables me to run programs I do not own. Many programs are too expensive to own. I not only can run these programs but I can also copy them for later use.

Friends, through the chat rooms, I can now talk to anyone around the world. I have now found friends around the world. I not only chat with them but I also write to them through electronic mail. I find e-mail to be an extremely useful tool. Now I can write nearly every day to people I want to. It saves me a lot of time going to the post office and buying paper, envelopes and stamps. The convenience is wonderful.

Good friends, another aspect I have thoroughly enjoyed from the Internet is the ability to join groups that cater to my special interest. For example, I am interested in learning about the origins of famous nursery rhymes. It was not enough for me to get information. I joined an Internet Club for people with this unusual interest. Now I can subscribe to a special newsletter and I am kept up to date on the latest findings.

I can see from your faces that I do not need to convince you about the wonders of the Internet.

However, I think it is fair to give words of warning to those who lack experience. Please be careful of illegal information posted on the Internet. You can be arrested for spreading harmful rumors.

Furthermore, do not entertain abusive users. Lastly, do not become addicted to the Internet. There is a real world out here and real people to have relationships with. Have a real life!

Thank you.

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论