2018年12月4日星期二

Stammering : My biggest problem

Everyone is having one problem or another. It may be the need of this or that or the lack of certain things. These problems may be natural or created by circumstances. If a person suffers from paralytic limb, it is natural. On the other hand, if one has lost a purse during a travel it is because of circumstances.

In my case stammering is the biggest problem. I don't know how it has occurred but it is there and I have to grow with that. I am growing more and more conscious of it as I grow in age. Because I stammer I am not able to mingle freely with others of my own age. They react differently, most of them mock at me and very few have sympathy. While the ideas roll, words do not flow at the same speed. So very often I blink, which means I am taken for a muff. because of stammering I can't retort and my contribution in a company will be very little so I have to be very often an idle spectator. not that I can't give my ideas but I am unable to speak that fast. So it has developed in me an inferiority complex and nowadays I shun company.

How to overcome is the problem. I have heard of a great Greek Orator, Demosthenes who was a stammer as a child, was able to overcome it with some sort of exercise. It was told that he put pebbles in his mouth and standing on the seashore, used to cry aloud. Thus he overcame his stammering. But in my case I have not tried that. But what I do nowadays is to gather ideas and slowly put them without repeating a word. I am successful to some extent and I cannot say that I have overcome it completely. 

One thing is certain;  this stammering of mine has blocked certain employment opportunities for me; for instance, I cannot become a lawyer or a platform speaker. though i like music and enjoy it, I will never become a singer. A pity, isn't it ?

I have come to the wise conclusion that one must put up with that which one cannot improve.


Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论