2018年12月4日星期二

My fears in life

Fear is a feeling when normal faculties get damped and a sense of helplessness develops. It would be interesting to take a close look at what fear is. To understand it let us take an example. A boy is afraid of a dog because once a neighbor's dog bounced at him and from then on he has a fear of dogs. 

In this case fear is because of the personal damage the dog may cause by biting. The fear has got a good aspect about it. But for fear many things in the society would not have changed; for instance fear of punishment makes people law abiding. Fear of falling sick makes people take care of health and food. Fear of losing promotion and even losing the job makes an employee loyal, faithful and so on. Fear of death and beyond generally make people pious and God fearing. in general fear is essential for preservation.

Fear when persists becomes a fear complex. When there is legitimate reason it is good to have fear. But once it has developed into a complex, fear is there even when there is no cause for it. Take an instance; for an employee, fear of being dismissed may have developed to such an extent that when his boss calls him for ordinary business the former may shake in his shoes.

As it is fear is not there in us when we are children. Fear grows with us as we grow. Elders bring in fear in order to control sights. Fear of people, of animals all develop because of circumstances. Children in a city very rarely dare to get into the waters of a lake or river or the sea because they are literally bathroom bred. Many instances could be cited.

In my case, I am afraid of losing my rank in the class. I have been standing first in the class for some years, so I look upon any rival with jealously. After taking every examination I used to exercise my mind whether I would get the first rank. This has developed into a complex that everytime the results are announced I am afraid of the outcome.

I want to overcome some of these fears but they stick on to me like a pitch.

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论