2018年12月16日星期日

Schooldays Are the Best Days of Your Life

'Schooldays are the best days of your life.' To what extent would you agree?
 
It is a popular belief that it is great to be young. My parents keep reminding me that this is the best time of my life. They urge me to enjoy what they describe as my 'carefree' days. I can think of several reasons why people think this is the best time of our lives.

To start with, we have a lot of friends in school. It is hard to be lonely when we are surrounded by so many people. There is always someone to do things with, such as playing games, going to the cinema, etc. I suppose this situation of having company all the time will not happen again when we leave school.

Schoolchildren also have few real responsibilities. All our needs are taken care of by our parents. There is food on the table, daily pocket money and even some luxuries like CDs. Our teachers spoil us with notes and we do not even have to think very hard as they are so anxious to help us pass our examinations.

In spite of all this, I am not sure my schooldays are the best days of my life. I am not that happy and I can think of several reasons for my unhappiness.

Firstly, I hate the stress of examinations. There are too many of them in the our education system. I have already been through two major examinations and will sit for another one this year. In between, I have monthly tests, trials and music examinations.

Next, I find school life too restrictive. I think there are too many rules to follow. I am not an obedient person and I get into trouble often. I have a problem with punctuality. I also find some of my teachers too authoritative. They are worse than my parents.

I hope the best time of my life is yet to come. I think the best time will be when I am through with all examinations. I like to work and be financially independent. I want to look after myself. Only then will I have the best days of my life.
  
Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论