2018年12月13日星期四

Write about a family member with whom you have shared happy and sad memories.


A Family Member
Write about a family member with whom you have shared happy and sad memories.
 
My grandfather is now seventy-eight years old. If you ask me to name an outstanding characteristic of his, I will have to say it is his posture. He stands straight and tall for a person his age. `Posture is very important' is one of his favourite sayings.

Grandpa's routine is to wake up before daybreak before anybody else. Then he has a cold shower and does yoga for half an hour. After that, he takes a walk in the garden. He bends down occasionally to pick the weeds. Then he spends the rest of the day indoors, reading his religious books. He eats all kinds of food but in small portions.

'Moderation', he says, `is the key to good health.' He seldom watches television but listens to the radio. He goes to bed at nine o'clock sharp.

Grandpa is a rather handsome man. He is almost six feet tall. His hair has grown completely white. He looks stem when he is not smiling. He has a deep voice that sometimes sounds like a bark. Some of my friends are afraid of him but I always tell them, 'Grandpa's bark is worse than his bite'.

But things were not always like this. Grandpa came to live with us shortly after grandma passed away. We all felt her loss. But my grandfather was devastated. He locked himself in his room for nearly two months and would not speak to anyone. He lost almost ten kilos. He remained fairly healthy but we were worried he would have a breakdown. We tried our best to make him feel better.

My father bought him a computer and a CD player but he showed little interest in them. This continued for nearly a year.

One day, I heard the sound of whistling from the garden. It was Grandpa! He smiled at me, his favourite grandson, and said, 'Vikram, your grandmother came to me in a dream last night and scolded me severely for not doing my yoga anymore. She told me to stop feeling sorry for myself and look after the garden again. Just like her, still bossing me around!'

We were all very happy. Just as I left to board the school bus, I heard a familiar voice, saying, 'Stand straight, Vikram. Don't hunch!' I grinned. It was good to have Grandpa back to his usual self.

Click here to lauch more sample english essays : http://www.englishdaily626.com/ (source)

没有评论 :

发表评论